Sunday, May 30, 2010

Old Man Animatic

So here's the animatic for the latest Old Man Short. I'm pretty sure this will be the final, I'm still working on the timing and the thumbnails are really rough, really rough. Just a note that last frame is the butterfly close up and then it flies around on screen while the titles come down. Yes, the old man commits suicide in the end. Yes, I know this is depressing but with the tone of the poem it seemed the most likely end. I hate to kill the old guy, I like him, but I'm afraid this is the way the story goes, not what I thought in the beginning but sometimes they write themselves. If it makes you feel any better the butterfly lives. By the way the voice talent is Joe Cronin and the poem is by Sean Stackhouse, music is Chopan, I can't remember the artist who performed it but the final version will be performed by Jason Kauffman and Myself.


No comments: